Encouraging creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in the Greater Upper Valley Region.
The Claremont MakerSpace is a community-oriented creative hub, designed to help our members put shape to their ideas. We offer affordable, membership-based access to specialty and hi-tech tools, education, room to work, and a community of like-minded creative people. Building on Claremont's history of making, we've put one of Claremont's historic mill buildings – The Sawtooth – back into service as a home base for the next generation of innovators.
"With the expanse of technology and the power of experiential learning, the MakerSpace model presents opportunities for self-directed and collaborative learning in and outside the traditional classroom."
– Dr. Alicia Harvey Smith, President, River Valley Community College
THE CMS OFFERS:
- Shared tools and workshops for woodworking, precision machining, fiber arts, electronics, welding, robotics, jewelry and metalsmithing, graphic design, programming and more.
- A range of affordable classes offered by local educators, artisans, and industry professionals focusing on equipment training, creative techniques and business development.
- Monthly memberships that include access to the MakerSpace on weekends and after typical working hours.
- Personal Studio Space for monthly members interested in having access to design and fabrication equipment and start-up space.
- Special events focused on the arts, manufacturing, innovative technologies and entrepreneurship.
The Claremont MakerSpace is operated by TwinState MakerSpaces, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation established in 2014. TSMS was founded by technologists, artists, educators, tradesmen and lovers of New England with the goal of enriching our communities through collaboration and creativity.
The Claremont MakerSpace is helping to anchor the economic and cultural revitalization of Claremont, New Hampshire. We are inspired by the Maker Movement that has taken hold nationwide as a vehicle for enhancing entrepreneurship, job development, community development, science and the arts.
Tours: Want to see what the Claremont MakerSpace is all about? Come on by for a tour, during the public hours: Monday-Friday, 2pm-9pm, and Saturday-Sunday, 11am-6pm. You'll learn about all the awesome tools that the CMS offers access to, as well as how membership, classes, and studio spaces work.
The Claremont MakerSpace
46 Main Street
Claremont, NH 03743