Title: Director of Workforce Development & Education
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Location: Claremont, NH
Organization Description: TwinState MakerSpaces, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Lebanon, New Hampshire. The mission of TSMS is to advance creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship in the greater Upper Valley region, and to support and promote the education and practice of crafts, trades, and technologies of all types.
Job Description: TwinState MakerSpaces, Inc. is seeking a Director of Workforce Development & Education. The primary responsibility of the Director of Workforce Development & Education will be to develop and implement programming with Claremont MakerSpace partners aimed at providing participants/CMS members with skills necessary to gain employment with local/regional companies. These partners include employers dealing in manufacturing and technology, educational institutions, and organizations focused on job-placement and transitional assistance. The Director of Workforce Development & Education will work with CMS members to identify local/regional job opportunities and proper training/preparation. The Director of Workforce Development & Education will also oversee all general educational programming at the CMS.
- Identifying area small businesses in need of workforce training.
- Identifying open job positions, matching CMS members with open job positions, maintaining job posting database for CMS members.
- Developing and overseeing all CMS educational programming and activities including scheduling of courses and resources, identifying instructors and curriculum for classes and securing necessary resources for successful class and experiential learning activities.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of customized workforce training programs, geared toward addressing local employers needs, and ensuring that programs are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Working with participating businesses and educators to design and implement training programs and, if necessary, to procure required materials as well as machinery and equipment.
- Documentation of CMS workforce development and educational programing and reporting of member participation, outcomes, successes and areas for improvement.
- Preparing plans and development of any necessary grant applications in order to obtain funding for various workforce development and educational programs.
- Preparing and distributing program policies, agreements and procedures, and providing associated clarification, guidance and instructions to contractors/partners/students.
- Working with CMS Marketing team to develop and implement Workforce Development and Education Programing marketing strategy.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of local, state, and federal guidelines and policies governing workforce training programs.
- Coordinating program activities with other agency departments and liaison activities to various policy and advisory committees, governmental agencies, local officials, and community and private sector organizations on matters relating to program activities.
- Community outreach to promote CMS educational programming and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three years of private/public sector management and/or human resources experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of career and technical education and/or workforce development issues.
- Experience working with Senior Level executives in a corporate environment.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and technology industries and related fields.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts and strategic relationships.
- Good organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse client base.
- Ability to prepare and compose reports using data research and analysis.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License
Equal Opportunity Statement:
TwinState MakerSpaces, Inc. (TSMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TSMS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter, explaining your interest in this position and your relevant experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org